Jonathan D. Sherman
I treat my clients like family, with respect and dignity while offering guidance and support throughout the transaction. This approach to real estate allows me the opportunity to create a smooth and rewarding transactional experience for everyone involved.
- Real Estate
- Banking & Finance
- State of New Jersey
Career & Education
- B.A. Communications & Public Relations, Marist College, 2010
- J.D. New York Law School, 2015
- New Jersey Bar Member
Jonathan D. Sherman is an experienced and well-respected real estate attorney who is part of FSKS’s Real Estate, Banking, and Finance Groups. Jon advises and represents a wide range of clients in connection with various aspects of real estate law, including acquisitions and dispositions of residential and commercial properties, drafting and negotiating contracts, commercial leasing, and commercial financing.
Jon began his career in the Real Estate industry over ten years ago as a paralegal in New York City. Having the opportunity to learn from some of New York City’s most prominent real estate attorneys, Jon experienced first-hand the way a client deserves to be treated when buying and selling real estate – with care and respect. This positive experience helping the firm’s clients inspired Jon to pursue a career as a real estate attorney.
Many of his clients are first-time homebuyers or growing families searching for their forever home; he handles every client’s transaction like they are his own family’s. This approach has built trust and reassurance with every buyer and seller Jon has represented throughout his career.
Jon’s pragmatic and results-driven approach has also made him a trusted advisor to real estate brokers, financial advisors, investors, institutional lenders, as well as regional and community banks.
He has successfully closed complex transactions involving commercial offices, multi-family housing, retail projects, cooperatives, and mixed-use projects. He is also experienced in all aspects of commercial leasing, representing tenants and landlords in the drafting and negotiation of complex lease agreements. His commercial lending practice involves the structuring of transactions, negotiation, and drafting of loan and guaranty agreements, and security documents.
When Jon is not negotiating real estate contracts and commercial leases for his clients, he is spending time with his wife, son, and dog at their home in Madison, NJ. Jon enjoys traveling with his family, running, and when he is not in a suit and tie, he can be found at a local sports bar rooting for his beloved New York Giants.
- Successfully represented various vendors in large real estate transactions, many exceeding $15-20 million.
- Successfully represented hundreds of residential buyers and sellers.
- Successfully represented both buyers and sellers of commercial real estate.
- Successfully closed over $100 million in financed transactions in 2019.
- Successfully closed over $20 million in closed residential real estate transactions in 2019.
- January 2019 – present – Active participant in the Parsippany Chamber of Commerce
- December 2019 – Booth at the Triple Play Realtor Convention and Trade Expo (Atlantic City, NJ)