Alan S. Golub
Principal & Managing Attorney, Litigation Group
Winning litigation strategies are never cookie-cutter – every case has its own demands, intricacies, risks, and rewards. From the outset, clients deserve pragmatic and analytically sound advice from experienced trial attorneys who have seen a thing or two. Our litigation team is experienced in a broad range of disciplines and has successfully litigated cases from simple contract disputes to multi-million-dollar fraud claims and just about everything in between. No matter how simple or complex, we are well-equipped to help our clients evaluate how best to pursue or defend a wide variety of claims.
- Business/Corporate Law
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association,
- New York State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Tri-County Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors and General Counsel, Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce
- 1988 – B.S., Television, Radio & Film Management, Syracuse University
- 1993 – J.D., St. John’s University
Alan S. Golub is a Principal of the firm and serves as the Managing Attorney of our Litigation Group, where his practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, environmental disputes, business transactions, and intellectual property.
Alan represents his clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation and transactional matters, including contractual and intellectual property disputes, environmental representation and litigation, and negotiating and drafting a wide array of business transaction documents, including buy-sell agreements, employment agreements, and franchise agreement and renewal documents. He serves as the general counsel or co-counsel to several large PRP groups at Superfund sites located throughout the United States, and serves as international trademark counsel to several global companies with significant business interests in the United States.
Since 2008, Alan has served as General Counsel to the Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce (“PACC”), and as a member of its Board of Directors. The PACC covers Parsippany Township and its surrounding communities in the heart of Morris County, including Hanover Township, Randolph, Denville, Boonton, Boonton Township, Mountain Lakes, Morris Township, and Morristown. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Tri-County Chamber of Commerce, serving the counties of Essex, Morris, and Passaic in Northern New Jersey.
Alan is the author of numerous articles and presentations on the importance of trademark and copyright protections for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as pragmatic approaches to complex commercial dispute resolution. His articles have appeared in NJBIZ magazine and Parsippany FOCUS magazine, as well as various online publications.
He is also an author and co-editor of “The New Jersey Environmental Compliance Survival Guide” (1995) and is the author of SAMS’ Teach Yourself WordPerfect Office 2000 for Linux in 24 Hours (SAMS Publishing 2000).
- 2019 – Present – Principal and Managing Attorney, Litigation Group
- 2017 – 2019 – Of Counsel, FSKS
- 2013 – 2017 – Managing Partner, Golub, Isabel & Cervino, PC
- 2005 – 2013 – Managing Partner, Golub & Isabel, PC
- 2003 – 2005 – Managing Partner, Dwyer, Golub & Isabel, PC
- 2000 – 2003 – Partner, Dwyer, Kinburn, Hall & Golub
- 1997 – 2000 – Associate, Dwyer, Kinburn & Hall, PC
- 1993 – 1997 – Associate, Pitney Hardin Kipp & Such (now Day Pitney, LLP)
- Commercial Advertising Coordinator, Daytime Television, CBS Television Network
- In New Jersey Superior Court, Middlesex County, obtained a judgment for over $10.5 million in damages after a 21-day bench trial against an insurance carrier defendant that denied insurance coverage to a corporate client for costs incurred defending, investigating, and remediating environmental contamination at dozens of sites throughout the United States.
- In the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, represented a Fortune 500 public works contractor in mounting a successful defense of over $800 million in claims filed by a disgruntled former employee under the Federal False Claims (Qui Tam) Statute.
- In New Jersey Superior Court, Morris County, represented a Fortune 100 global investment company in obtaining the successful dismissal of a frivolous complaint filed by a disgruntled former employee seeking liens on over $500 million in Company holdings based on alleged civil rights violations and discrimination.
- Negotiated a multi-million-dollar long-term requirements contract as part of a global settlement of a product liability dispute against a client manufacturer, resulting in no out-of-pocket loss for a privately held corporate client.
- Represented a Fortune 100 corporate client with respect to negotiation, resolution, and litigation over nationwide environmental legacy liabilities.
- Represented a Fortune 100 corporate client in a JAMS arbitration to successfully resolve disputes in excess of $120 million arising under decades-old acquisition and related transaction agreements.
- In the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Newark, successfully negotiated a settlement of multi-million-dollar claims involving alleged infringement of trademarks, trade dress, and patents owned by an electronic nicotine delivery systems (E.N.D.S.) manufacturer.
- Represented a professional MLB player and his management company in securing trademarks and negotiating licensing and endorsement agreements throughout the United States.
- Serving as Chair and/or Co-Chair of several joint defense groups and group committees overseeing the management, allocation, funding, and technical work at Superfund sites located throughout the United States.
- In the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, Trenton, successfully represented purchaser of business pursuing claims for damages and attorneys’ fees resulting from seller’s breach of a non-compete agreement.
- In the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, oversaw the successful defense of a former corporate director, officer, and shareholder against allegations of multi-million-dollar fraud, conversion, and breach of fiduciary duty asserted by the shareholders.
- Before the United States Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, represented the owner of a well-known clothing line trademark in successfully dismissing a competitor’s petition to cancel the client’s registered trademark.
- Represented dozens of corporate and individual clients in connection with negotiating and drafting numerous business transaction documents, including but not limited to stock and asset purchase agreements, franchise agreements and renewals, licensing and other permitted use agreements, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, environmental release and indemnity provisions, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and other business-related contracts.
- Represented a large, privately-held bank as outside residential mortgage review counsel.
- In the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Newark, obtained a successful dismissal of environmental response cost claims against an individual client who was sued as the former sole shareholder of a dissolved corporation.
- September 9, 2019 – FSKS attorneys Alan S. Golub, Gregg P. Tabakin, David Levine, and Jonathan Sherman attended the TASTE of Parsippany event held at the Parsippany Hilton Hotel. This marked the first time in nearly a decade that the Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce sponsored a TASTE event, which consisted of 30 local restaurants and caterers offering guests tasty samples of some of their finest menu items. In addition to the participating restaurants, 26 local retail and professional service vendors sponsored tables where guests could find everything from discounts at local spas to handmade arts and crafts items for sale. Parsippany Mayor Michael Soriano attended with a television crew, interviewing most of the vendors and guests throughout the evening. Nearly 300 guests attended the event, which exceeded expectations and set the stage for another TASTE event in 2020.
- September 24, 2019 – FSKS attorney Alan S. Golub attended the Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce’s monthly Juice Up Your Morning networking event at the Chamber’s office located at 90 Halsey Road in Parsippany. At the October Juice Up event, Alan was pleased to present the Chamber Member of the Month award to Mark Dickerson of the Hilton Hotel in Parsippany. Click here to find out more about the Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Fall 2019 – With fellow Principal Attorney Dave Levine, Member of Championship-winning co-ed softball team in Morristown’s No Idea Sports league.
- Summer 2019 – With fellow Principal Attorney Dave Levine and Associate Attorney Jonathan Sherman, Member of FSKS’s championship winning co-ed softball team.
- 2008 – 2017 – Alan enjoyed coaching girls’ rec softball, rec soccer, rec basketball, travel soccer, and travel basketball with both of his daughters until they aged out of their respective programs upon entering high school.
- 2005 – Present – Captain, 11th Hour Rescue men’s softball team in the Randolph, NJ “35-and-up” league.
- 2019 Member of the Year – Alan S. Golub and FSKS have been named Chamber Member of the Year by the Parsippany Area Chamber of Commerce. The award is given by the Chamber Board of Directors to the Chamber member who has gone above and beyond in serving the Chamber, its members, and the local community.
- October 1, 2019 – FSKS is pleased to announce that Alan S. Golub has been named a Principal of the Firm, and has been elevated to the position of Manager of the Firm’s Litigation Group. Alan continues to focus his practice on commercial litigation, business transactions, environmental law and litigation, and intellectual property registrations, maintenance, and infringement disputes.