Ashleigh Levy Marin
Do the best you can in every task, no matter how unimportant it may seem at the time. No one learns more about a problem than the person at the bottom.” -Sandra Day O’Connor
- Creditors Rights
- New Jersey, 2009
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2018
Career & Edcuation
- B.A., International Politics, The Pennsylvania State University, 2006
- B.A., Advertising/Public Relations, The Pennsylvania State University, 2006
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University, The Franklin Thomas Backus School of Law, 2009
Ashleigh Levy Marin is an Associate Attorney, where she works primarily in the Secured Creditor’s Rights Litigation Group, representing secured creditors in foreclosure actions in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
In New Jersey, Ms. Marin primarily handles New Jersey Secured Creditors’ Rights litigation in both the trial and appellate Courts. Ms. Mairin regularly appears before the Chancery Division, General Equity Part Judges on litigated matters, and over the years, she has come to possess a unique, first-hand insight into the various personalities of these judges.
Ms. Marin helped spearhead the creation of the Pennsylvania foreclosure practice, where she assisted in developing the firm’s internal procedures to manage and facilitate the foreclosure process. Ms. Marin handles Pennsylvania foreclosure actions from start to finish, including litigation and bankruptcy matters as they arise within the pending foreclosure.
Ms. Marin also practices in New York, where she focuses practice on Title Curative Actions. In these actions, she is able to assist clients with a wide range of title curative solutions including restoring erroneously satisfied mortgages, canceling senior mortgages from prior owners of record, and other various kinds of title claims that impact the foreclosure process.
- Investors Bank v. Joseph Saburn, 2020 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 584 (March 30, 2020)
- Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation v. Suwan Hahn, 2018 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 474 (March 1, 2018)
- Deutsche Bank National Trust Company, as Trustee in Trust of the Registered Holders of Morgan Stanley ABS Capital I Inc. Trust 2006-HE6, Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates, Series 2006-HE6 v. Michael Hochmeyer, 2018 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1402 (June 15, 2018)
- LSF8 Master Participation Trust v. Simon Zarour, 2018 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1458 June 21, 2018
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A. as Trustee for Nomura Asset Acceptance Corporation Alternative Loan Trust, Series 2004-AP3 v. Sarah G. Laks, 2018 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2198 (October 4, 2018)
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Marin clerked for the Honorable Glenn Berman, J.S.C., ret., Chancery Division, General Equity Part, Middlesex Vicinage