Brian W. Kincaid
Counsel - Certified Civil Trial Attorney and Certified Family Law Mediator
To provide a client the best possible representation in court, an attorney must be well prepared. That means not only having a complete understanding of your client’s case, but knowing your adversary’s case equally well. And your client is entitled to nothing less. A well-prepared and dedicated attorney is just the start of a winning representation.
- Divorce/Family Law
- Personal Injury Law
- Administrative Law
- Municipal Court Motor Vehicle Law
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States 3rd District Court of Appeals
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Career & Education
- Mount Arlington Borough Council, 1999-2004
- Firefighter – Mount Arlington Fire Department, 1998-Present
- Firefighter – Roxbury Township Fire Department, 2011-Present
- D., Capital University, 1988
- A. History, St. Bonaventure University, 1983
- Attorney, Fein, Such, Kahn & Shepard, P.C. 1993 – Present
Brian W. Kincaid is an of counsel attorney in our Litigation Group. Brian’s practice concentrates on matters before the Municipal, Civil, Chancery, Family and Appellate Courts of the State of New Jersey as well as the District Courts and Court of Common Pleas in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Brian W. Kincaid has successfully represented clients in the Family Courts of the State of New Jersey in adoption, alimony, divorce, child support, custody, and parenting time matters for over 30 years. He has also assisted clients in the drafting and negotiation of prenuptial agreements. Brian’s dedication of service to clients and careful preparation of cases is mirrored in his community service outside the courtroom, where he serves as a firefighter in two (2) communities.
As a former elected official, Brian has used his expertise and experience to successfully represent clients in motor vehicle cases, including DWI/DUI, in both the Municipal Courts of New Jersey and the Magisterial District Courts in Pennsylvania.
Brian has been certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Certified Trial Attorney, a designation granted to less than 2 percent of all of New Jersey attorneys. As a Certified Trial Attorney, Brian has obtained substantial recoveries for clients who suffered significant injuries in auto accident, slip and fall, and dog bites cases in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
From his decades of experience as a firefighter, Brian also understands the legal needs of first responders. He successfully represents police officers, firefighters, and EMTs in administrative hearings, disciplinary matters, and litigations.
- Family Court, Passaic County – Successfully prevented a parent from obtaining primary custody of two children and moving the children to an inferior school district.
- Family Court, Somerset County – Successfully argued that previously distributed stock awards should not be included as income for support purposes.
- Family Court, Mercer County – Successfully prevented the removal of a child from New Jersey to Virginia, then negotiated a successful in-state parenting time agreement.
- Monroe County, PA – Obtained large settlement for client who suffered significant injuries in a fall at a well-known Pennsylvania resort.
2019 marks the 21st year of service of Brian as a volunteer firefighter. During that time, he has demonstrated a sense of purpose and dedication to the welfare of others that has carried over to his service as an attorney. Not only has Brian successfully passed the Supreme Court exam for the Certification of Trial Attorneys, he has successfully been recertified – twice – by the New Jersey Supreme Court.