Douglas S. Charipper
Harry S. Truman once said, “In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first.” As a young attorney, this quote was an inspirational reminder that self-discipline and focus are keys to successfully analyzing complex cases and building winning litigation and settlement strategies for my clients. Even now, I still appreciate the wisdom in these words, and incorporate them in my practice every day.
- 1988 – New Jersey
- 1988 – U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- 1990 – New York
Career & Education
- B.B.A. University of Texas at Austin, 1985
- J.D. Seton Hall School of Law, 1988
- Morris County Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
Douglas S. Charipper serves as of Counsel in the firm’s personal injury, subrogation, and commercial litigation practice areas. Doug is one of the firm’s most experienced personal injury attorneys, and has had great success in early claim evaluation, negotiation, and resolution. Doug also regularly appears in the New Jersey Courts for trial calls and motion practice on behalf of our Collections Department clients.
Doug thrives on helping his clients through successful resolution of their personal injury claims. This is almost always a very difficult and stressful process, yet Doug consistently earns client accolades and appreciation for his thoughtful and expert approach.
Besides his legal expertise and experience, Doug brings humor and a strong sense of empathy to every client interaction. As his clients will tell you, Doug cares deeply about their well-being, and will fight tooth-and-nail to protect their interests and obtain the best possible outcome.
Doug treats every client and colleague like an old friend. But make no mistake – behind his warm and accommodating demeanor is a very skilled and experienced senior attorney who knows how to get results. Clients and adversaries alike are always rewarded with straightforward, honest, and direct communications, and know where they stand every step of the way.
- Maintains one of the most robust active caseloads in the firm, with a successful resolution rate of at least 90% in each of the past 5 years (measured by post-representation client feedback).
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively fast-track cases to resolution by settlement or trial.
- For going on the past 30 years, has successfully generated multi-millions of dollars for the firm’s personal injury, subrogation, and other commercial litigation clients, including, most recently, a settlement for 150% of the original case valuation for a slip-and-fall personal injury case in which defendant’s in-house counsel mounted an aggressive (though failed) contributory negligence defense.
- 2000 – 2019 – Active Member in Knights Of Pythias, past Chancellor and Commander.
- 2009 – 2019 – Active Member of the local Bergen County Brotherhood Sisterhood committee to foster understanding of various other religious faiths.