Vincent DiMaiolo, Jr.
“The precepts of the law may be comprehended under these three points: to live honestly, to hurt no man willfully, and to render every man his due carefully.” – Aristotle
- Real Estate
- Creditors Rights
- State of New Jersey (1989)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (1990)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (1989)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1990)
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (1990)
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania (2020)
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania (2020)
Career & Education
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts, 1986
- New England School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1989
- New Jersey State Bar Association Member
Vincent DiMaiolo, Jr. is a Principal of the firm and concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, commercial and residential foreclosure, asset recovery, loan workout, collection, and bankruptcy.
Vincent DiMaiolo, Jr. concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, commercial and residential foreclosure, asset recovery, loan workout, collection, and bankruptcy.
Before joining Fein, Such, Kahn and Shepard, Mr. DiMaiolo was associated with the firm of Shapiro and Kriesman and assistant in-house counsel to UJB Financial Corporation.
- Successfully foreclosed numerous mortgage loans on various types of properties, including residential, investment, mixed-use, industrial, office, retail, and other commercial related properties.
- Successfully moved for and received judicial approval for receiverships to collect rents and manage distressed properties for lending clients.
- Successfully represented creditor clients in the U.S Bankruptcy Court in the administration of Chapters 7, 11, and 13, including motions for relief from stay, claim and plan review, claim avoidance litigation, preference and fraudulent conveyance litigation, non-dischargeabilty litigation, cash collateral litigation, and valuation of assets.
- Successfully negotiated on loan workout agreements for lending clients utilizing such loss mitigation products as forbearance/standstill agreements, loan modification agreements, reinstatement agreements, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and other settlement agreements through litigation.
- Successfully litigated and obtained judgments on actions on promissory notes, guaranties, and deficiency actions.
- Successfully represented private clients in prosecuting and defending foreclosure of municipal tax certificates.
- Successfully represented clients in title clearing litigation, including Quiet Title actions and Strict Foreclosure Proceedings.
- Successfully represented clients in prosecuting actions to terminate rights under Installment Real Estate Contracts.
- Successfully represented clients in the foreclosure of mortgages and maintenance liens on time-share properties.
- Successfully represented mortgage holders and REO owners in municipal court for municipal property code violations.
- Successfully represented REO clients in eviction proceedings in Landlord/Tenant Court.
- 1989 – While a student at New England School of Law, was the recipient of the New England School of Law Student Service Award and the Co-Chair of the Law Day Committee.
- Frequent speaker/presenter to clients, attorneys, real estate professionals, and court personnel on various foreclosure and bankruptcy matters.
- 2000 – 2001 – Was a member of the New Jersey Chancery Judge’s Ad Hoc Advisory Committee and lectured at the 2000 and 2001 New Jersey Judiciary Conferences on the Foreclosure Process in New Jersey.
- 1993 – 1994 – Was a member of the inaugural Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- 1982 – 1986 – Obtained an athletic scholarship and participated as a Varsity Wrestler at Duke University. Now an alumni and fan, enjoys following and attending matches of his alma mater and other institutions.
- Was active for many years with the Jersey Shore Council Boy Scouts of America as a unit leader and holding various District leadership roles including District Commissioner and District Advancement Chairman.
- Enjoys time with family, outdoor activities, sporting events, and travel.